This post is about Web Forms. We still have some legacy applications using that platform. Although our main direction is MVC, we still support them. Here a sample for the subject matter:
RequiredFieldValidator req1 = Login1.FindControl("Req1") as RequiredFieldValidator;
req1.ErrorMessage = "My text";
var text = CCContent.GetStringContent("MustRegisterPassword");
RequiredFieldValidator req2 = Login1.FindControl("Req2") as RequiredFieldValidator;
req2.ErrorMessage = text;
In the case of req2 assignment of variable text, I obtain that text from a static method in our code. That access our Zgura’s content management framework. This content framework stores local or specific content for different applications. It uses a NoSQL repository for the data (Azure Tables) and will be matter of separated post.
I’ve found this issue opening and working a solution created in VS 2012 using VS 2013.
- Close solution
- Open folder where .sln file is
- Delete files with extension .suo
- Rebuild solution
At Zgura I’m working on Azure NoSQL databases, using Azure tables. We are using that for different sites content storage.
We have used Azure SQL as storage for content (localization values) in other project. First impression, new NoSQL seems to be faster than the SQL solution, will set monitoring using New Relic on the NoSQL application so can compare data already have for the application that uses SQL repository for content.
I already know, from New Relic that one of the most resource consuming task on pages load for the application that uses SQL content repository, is reading the content values.